RE: SmartWords Spellers ["Dictionaries"]

1. Its not just a question of the dll or the dictionary. Its much more
fundamental in how we interact with the speller. In addition we no longer
have the right to distribute the IBM speller without entering into a new
license agreement, which we are not inclined to do. I don't doubt that many
people use these dictionaries, but (and I will verify this) there is no
practical way for us to support it even for users who have already licensed
it from us.

3. I will have to check with our engineers to see if there is any way for
you to write VB routines to interact with our engine. I don't dispute the
value of this to users, but the interface is a compiled VB program, and we
are not shipping the source code for that. Of course XPL is still
operational.

Knowing how resourceful you and others are, I would not be surprised if you
find ways to do things with our software we didn't think were possible, and
we certainly welcome that. To the extent we can provide an interface that
will faciitate your experimentation I am happy to do that. But some of it
may take a while for us to be able to document.

K.