Re: `invalid formatting' msgs [xyW3]

In a message dated 3/18/99 09:02:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, holmgren@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> VAriable BI Barf_Inhibit is alive
"Barf Inhibit" is a nice mnemonic, but it actually was the initials of a
Xyquest customer who requested the feature. Not a surprise that it's still in
the Editor. It seems that once something goes in, it almost never comes out.

We all have our little mnemonics. A friend remembers the beginning of mode
commands (MDUL, etc) as "mother duck."

RE SmartWords: I hope TTG will include the Microlytics thesaurus, too. I've
never seen a better electronic one. The one with Word is truly pathetic.
Someone back in the Xyquest days (Tom Dunn perhaps) tweaked the way XyWrite
uses the Microlytics stuff. Someone told me Tom was responsible for the fact
that the first spelling alternative to most misspelled or mistyped words is
the one you wanted in the first place.

Tim Baehr