Re: LFN Utilities for Win32

M.C. wrote:

Martin J. Osborne wrote:
I use XyWrite to edit files on a linux server, using a Samba connection. All the LFN utilities work fine. If I understood how Samba worked I would no doubt not be surprised---but I don't, and I was. Wonderful! (Almost all the files on the ...
Martin, But your XyWrite, is it running under Linux? In this case, I would receive information about your setup. Manuel Castelao
No---XyWrite is running on a W2K machine. The Samba connection makes the linux machine act like another drive. (I suppose that when a program on the W2K machine issues a command, Samba translates it into the appropriate Linux command.) -- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne +1 416-978-5094