GPO

Does anyone else out there need to adhere to GPO standards? We do, and our
Publications office goes through hoops to whip our reports to Congress into
shape. As it is now, they r search & replace program to flag "suspected"
typos, etc. with a ^. then, a change/verify is run where the user gets to look
at all the flagged items & either correct them (manually) or take out the ^.
Has anyo ever heard of a GPO style checker? it seems to me that if there are
grammar checkers out there, there could be a GPO checker, and whoever makes it
could probably make lots of money! XyWrite might be the platform, but a third
party program that ran over XyWrite would be groovy too. any takers? or does
anyone know of an existing program? yours truly, brenda h.