SAVE/GETS FILE

Chris,
 I understand there is a unique format for the file that holds save/gets. I
would like to be able to write values for s/g's from within an application
(Clipper) that can then be read by a subsequent evokation of XyWrite. Basically
what I want to do is have the Database Program save the variables from the
current record to a file then call Xywrite to fill in a form letter. Don't
think I can use mail merge since I don't want to set up a different format for
each different form. I would like to be able to save all the information to
s/g's and then set up each form letter to call the proper s/g's that it needs.

Anyway, I need to know the format for the s/g file.

--John