Re: USB printers again

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> As I may have mentioned my
> (AMI) BIOS has a setting "USB for DOS," but no documentation on how to
> use it. It's obviously possible if HP did it for its printer. I also note
> that Linux had methods for printing to USB ports. Perhaps we should
> contact the Free Software Foundation and see if anyone there would be
> interested in writing an LPT to USB mapping routine.

Good idea. I'm going to assume for the moment that that utility whose link
was
posted here would actually solve this problem. Even so, a hundred bucks
seems
pretty steep for such a thing. Anyone who needed it badly enough would
probably
grimace and fork over the $$, but it would be nice to have an alternative.

Jordan