PB control code

I have a curious problem when I print with XyWrite4: an extra blank
space appears at the top of every page. The turn around I have been
using is putting a PB82 code at the beginning of the document. But it's
tedious to remember every time to include the code. I have attempted to
solve the problem using JB and JZ defaults in Settings.dfl or in the
printer driver without any success. I am using the POST-HP4.PRN but if I
use the HPIII Postscript driver, the problem doesn't appear. Any
suggestions? Any way to include the PB82 code as a sucessfull default
setting?
Manuel Castelao