Re: disk full error

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Tue, 08 May
2001 21:20:01 -0400

> I hit a new (for me) error that completely froze Xy4DOS. It was
> a disk full error, when I tried to print.
>
> DISK IS FULL WRITING TO OVERFLOW FILE--FREE UP SPACE ON DRIVE
> C:
>
> Of course, the disk is FAT32 and is nowhere near full. C:
> holds 10 gigs and I've used only about 1.2 gigs.
>
> Note: this is while working on a 1 meg file, and I print from
> page-line mode ...

No doubt about it, Page-Line view behaves badly with big, heavily-
formatted files, especially at Bottom_of_File. I've seen Error 18
("There is not enough memory to perform function"), whereupon the
entire file is dumped to an [UNTITLED] screen. No workaround that I
know of.

> I also got a reverse video M showing on the command line (is
> this a memory flag?).

Are you sure that wasn't a reverse-video X? It means that Xy is
writing memory overflow to disk.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx