disk full error

I hit a new (for me) error that completely froze Xy4DOS. It was a disk full
error, when I tried to print.

DISK IS FULL WRITING TO OVERFLOW FILE--FREE UP SPACE ON DRIVE C:
Of course, the disk is FAT32 and is nowhere near full. C: holds 10 gigs and I've used only about 1.2 gigs.
I also got a reverse video M showing on the command line (is this a memory
flag?).
Note: this is while working on a 1 meg file, and I print from page-line
mode (I know, I know, but I have my reasons; I don't *work* in page-line
mode , but my XPL printing program needs to know page numbers.)

TIA,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx