XyWrite in Ubuntu Linux

Friends,

Responding to my recent post about being unable to print from DOSBox, Junja wrote:

  < output=printer

in reference to what to use for the setting under the [printer] heading in the DOSBox configuration file to allow printing from DOSBox. The setting I have been using is 'output=ps', which supposedly directs DOSBox to write a Postscript file to the DOSBox directory. It has not done this, and, as I wrote before, XyWrite 4.018 writes an xxxxx.tmp file to it's directory when commanded ty. (The U2 command typ generates a 'WIN32 only' error, of course, since I'm using a Mac and there's no M$ in sight). I tried Junja's suggestion and it did not work any differently. Neither did trying to print from Norton Commander or the native DOS edit program (yes! Norton Commander works in DOSBox!). The DOSBox General forum on the web (see: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/index.php?c=7) is superlative for navigating the DOS games universe, but offers little support for using the program to run non-game programs.

Thank you, Junja, for the suggestion anyway. I'll keep working at it and report. Anybody think we should start a new thread titled 'DOSBOX' to differentiate from the Ubuntu-only?

Robert, you've mentioned that you've run Xy on *NIX machines; how do you print from XyWrite on those?

Thank you all,

Fred Weiner