Re: XY4.018 and counter

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Sun, 21
Dec 2003 23:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

> 2. As for Twelfth of an inch, I don't recall how that came about.

Doesn't make the least bit of difference. I don't know why I use what I use
(deci-inches, or DI). If the paper wasn't 8 1/2 x 11 inches, I'd be metric all
the way. English measure is quaint but, objectively, ridiculous.

Try, as an experiment, issuing this on the CMline:

d lh=75,75,75

That's a big superscript, at 75% of normal font size. Then try *printing*
(don't simply view in graphics mode) the sample, the one I sent back to you --
let's stick with this sample, so we have a control. If it's still flat in the
endnotes, then we need to look at the defaults. I'm really really rusty here.
Chris Madsen knows this stuff, I think. But it does work, as-is, for me. What
PRN are you using?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx