Re: What happened to UPenn (Gopher) archive of XyWrite list msgs?

Dear Robert:

I am sending your inquiry about difficulty in finding recent monthly
archives to the whole list.

This is just one of the discontinuities visited upon us all by a remarkably
thoughtless transition from one list server to a new one. I have just
checked (by sending the command "index xywrite"), and found that from late
June on, the archives are now differently named. The form is log%y%m, so
the latest one is called log9709, and the new one already begun is log9710.

For those who have not tried it, the command for ordering an archive, sent
not to the list but to the server, takes the form
get xywrite .

Cheers,

-------
N. Sivin