Re: What is NoteTab

≪ What's NoteTab? ≫

I'm new to win95 and this is all subject to revision. But:
A win9x text editor that reinforces my belief that the
best gui apps are those with no dos antecedents, and that
the most inventive Windows software is being developed
in Europe (e.g., Windows Commander--thank you, Joe Solla
and Robert Orndorff--and NoteTab, Swiss; Opera, Norwegian).

≪ Any information would be welcome. ≫

NoteTab comes in three flavors, two that are outstanding
values for a low price and the third is totally stunning
freeware. It's so customizable that with a kbd remapper
(I found one I like--Hungarian--for a fraction of KeyGO's
price; more at http://www.escape.com/_xypro.html), I hardly
miss the CMline and won't at all after I nail a search and
s&r clipbook (NoteTab for xpl; accepts regular expressions
and perl scripts). NoteTab *is* a front end (click on the
browser icon--if you choose to display it--to see your html
rendered) but, except for correspondence and PostScript
experimentation, for pretty printing I've always exported
from xyWrite to gui apps. NoteTab is to today what xyWrite
was pre-IBM but at an affordable price. Or free. Even though
I ported all of !xyWise/!xyWiz successfully to xyWin ;U2;
and got the most critical parts to work, I'm finding NoteTab
http://www.notetab.com/ a better win95 partner than xyWin
for the xyW3 I can't live without. ... Ciao. 			--a

	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: