Re: XyWrite and WIN 95

At 11:05 PM 3/3/96 UT, you wrote:
>I am having problems printing from DOS based XyWrite through WIN 95 to my HP
>Laserjet 4L printer. Occasionally it just hangs and I have to re-boot the
>whole system. Most of the time its OK - wondered if anyone has `sussed' out a
>solution?
I can think of two non-Xy-based possibilities, having to do with the fact
that the 4L tries to send status info back to the computer: 1) do you have
the right kind of parallel cable--one that imprements bidirectional
communication with the parallel port? 2) do you have HP's "explorer"
software in use (I took the damn thing out--it's fairly useless and quite slow).
Regards,

     Harry Binswanger
      hb@xxxxxxxx