Re: Wikipedia entry on XyWrite

don't forget the extraordinary THREE completely independent levels of
footnotes - - - to this day no other program has that - - so far as I
know - -

SPEED is something to be emphasized. Compare something as simple as search/replace with Xy3/4 and MSW on even the fastest available machine . . . . .

BILLIONS of other things save VALUABLE SECONDS, MINUTES, HOURS of productivity every day.

I think 'search for content in files' is still probably more powerful and foolproof than anything else yet . . . .

If you counted up all the PAUSES you have when waiting for one of the normal WP programs today . . . . in every task - - - XyWrite is just about the only program I use that was built with the absolute conviction that the user is not to wait for even a fraction of a second for the computer to do something.

I bet if you actually looked at mailmerge tasks you'd find XyWrite pretty remarkable.

By the way, what's all this about Signature being so slow? Was it really that slow? I don't remember it being quite that bad. I think I reviewed it in something called 'PC Sources' -- which later either became or was merged into Computer Shopper?