Re: Wikipedia entry on XyWrite

--- mhchoate  wrote:

> (laughing) .... well, so there!
>
> I'm not sure I can stop it without effort, in
> informal messages. I guess I
> picked it up on another list, where everybody does
> it. It implies stream of
> consciousness. Conversation. Pauses. Thinking.
> Especially when I'm in a big
> hurry. It's an informal cyberstyle.
>
> Just explaining, not defending. And not chastened,
> either.

Also very guilty of this myself, not going to cease
and desist either. It's just open-ended, like much of
life, whether you choose to regard that as
time-pressed, a tired writer, or just plain laziness.
It means there is more to the idea or information of
that sentence -- you just don't happen to know what it
is or can't think of it at the moment.  But, like any
other construction, it is best if not overused.

 Jordan