Re: Unloading

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:51:36 -0500 (EST)

> Is there a way in Xy4Dos to unload stuff from memory? The command "unload
> pers.spl" generates no error message, but does it do anything (I don't trust
> Xy's memory reporting under ME).

UNLOAD still works. Go to .DLG frame {{C,0m}} and watch what happens as you
command "UNLOAD 2" or "UNLOAD L". I don't think it's a pointful exercise,
though, because XyWrite just reloads the code as required (usually within a few
seconds -- there aren't too many loaded modules that aren't required). Maybe
you're thinking of REMOVE, which de-initializes Save/Gets A-Z|0-9 and thus
removes LDPM programs?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx