Re: Unloading

On 01/27/97 at 04:51 AM,
  Harry Binswanger  said (in so many words):

<- Is there a way in Xy4Dos to unload stuff from memory? The command
<- "unload pers.spl" generates no error message, but does it do anything
<- (I don't trust Xy's memory reporting under ME).

I *think* not. The command is there for backward compatibility and the
memory info screen is there to confuse (inform?) people, but Xy4 happily
swaps stuff in and out of memory quite on its own (dynamically as they
say). Now for things like the spl files and prn files (as opposed to
functional modules of the executable) the you can either load a different
one (which shoves out the old one) or "append" a different one using the
+ syntax. (have you actually tried "unload pers.spl" and then attempted
a abbreviation expansion that's in your pers.spl. that should tell the
story. Moreover, if you temporarily load one from a diskette and then
unload it the diskette grinding should tell you if Xy is autoreloading
it.) Experiment.

--
                     Regards,
                     David