Re: Overflow file configuration?

Russ W. Urquhart wrote:

> I'm trying to load a large file and keep gettinga
> "Disk is full writing to overflow file--free up space on drive C:" message.
>
> I have more than enought free space on the drive, do i need to set some
> parameter? I'm using Xy4 under a Dos window in NT 3.51. The file is only 13Mb
> and i have more than 70Mb free!

Vraiment? In Xy4???!!!! I used to see that all the time in 3+ but never
in 4. What it means is that the file (and it must be an amazingly large
one at that)
is too large to fit into the temporary file that XyWrite creates on the
fly. If you slice it and dice it you should be OK. You can also fiddle
with your EMS parameters in your config.sys. I think you have to set EMS
equal to something on the order of 2048 or something of that sort.
Hopefully the Minister of Education will jump in here and set you right
on this. But until the good Sir Robert Holmgren posts, I suspect slicing
and dicing is the best way to go.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press