Re: Looking for XyWrite

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Leslie Bialler wrote:

> > I think we can unite, however, over the matter of the moronic animated Word
> > paper-clip, a bit of anthropomorphic evil I'm forced to contend with in the
> > workplace.  (Can I get a witness?)
> >

> I have learned that if you don't want the paperclip you have to
> reinstall the whole danged program!

Actually, go to
	http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/index.htm

for replacements for the paperclip, the least obnoxious being
Office Assistant: Quiet Office Logo (unanimated). It's also possible to
eradicate the whole Assistant and go back to stone-age Help--see the
User to User column in the Dec. 1 PCMag.

Yes, sometimes I find that paperclip in my face too.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."