Xy into Eudora

Continuing progress on loading Xy files into Eudora for emailing:

    1. For Eudora users: Under the File menu, you open the Xy file--or just hit
control-O to do that.
    2. As Robert H. indicated, if, previously, you've eliminatedthe EOF character (by
the DOS copy command), you avoid the post-EOF garbage from being sucked in.
    3. For mysterious reasons, Eudora opens the file in a *new window* not in the
already opened window you want it to be put in. Actually, it looks very much like Eudora
is calling Notepad (there's the same icon). So you select All, cut and paste into the
desired window. A bit awkward but miles better than what I was doing.
    Does anyone know how to get Eudora to suck in a Xy file directly into the body of
the outgoing letter's text? I can only get them as attachments, even though the Settings
switch is set to put it into the body of the text.

    Regards,

     Harry Binswanger