Re: XyWrite to Word

Thomas J Hawley wrote:
(Let me add in closing that learning XyWrite was not so simple either, but
we've all mercifully forgotten those days.)
Actually, I have a very clear memory of my first encounter with Xy. I
was working in-house part-time for a computer magazine. They used Xy
(vers. III; forget the release no.), but had every known word processor
on their PCs, and let me keep using (blush) the Leading Edge Word
Processor I was used to (it came on my first PC). Had some down time,
pulled down the Xy manual (that superb Xy III looseleaf), read for maybe
an hour, took a few notes, and the next article I edited, I did in Xy.
Mind, I'm still learning things about it, but the basics were a piece of
cake.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx