Re: XyWrite to Word

Robert Holmgren wrote:
For fancy writing, with lots of cosmetics (formatting), use Word -- by all means. But a
few of us have no interest in that kind of writing. XyWrite is for the few and
the spare.
And even when I do have to do "fancy writing" (e.g., a handout with lots
of heads and sample sentences, such as I had to do every year for the
five years I gave a course on grammar for editors), Xy is much better
than WP (and I assume WP is better than Word, since one can at least see
what one is doing; i.e., what formats are applied where). SaveStyles and
UseStyle (esp. if you create S/Gs to US) are likety-split compared to
WP's tedious pull down the menu, scroll through the list,... And now
that we can output to PDF! No contest.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx