RE: Printing With III (XYWRITE digest 2815)

-----Original Message----- From: Philip Friedman

> I've tried NET USE, as per R. Holmgren, with 3+ on a W2K ThinkPad.
It works for me.

For the record, here's the printer-feed line from my Xy3 "startup.int":

DO NET USE LPT1 \\voyager\ed_8k1 /YES

...with "voyager" as the network drive name, "ed_8k1" as the printer
name, and "YES" (I believe) means "persistent".

Having said that, I should probably also include for the sake of
completeness (though it my never have a bearing on anyone else's
situation): I haven't been able to (or needed to, really) print from
XyWrite for a long time (several years). I'm not too clear on the
details as to why, but whenever the printers get switched to a different
drive (which happens pretty often) I'm not able to simply change the
drive name it Startup. Our IT dept needs to "release" something on the
system that will then allow me to re-attach to a different drive. The
real problem lies in the fact that I'm now the only one left who uses Xy
in any "official" way, coupled with the fact that there are no system
operators left who know what to "release" me from...well, I gave up long
ago trying to get Xy capable of printing. It's just not worth the fight
anymore.

-BH