keyboard quirk

Bill Troop, By double strike I mean the character appears twice. If I type
John Ford's title <'Tis Pity She's a Whore> what comes out is <' 'Tis Pity
She' 's a Whore>. And yes, I am using U.S. English.

Harry, the problem does not appear in Word, Wordpad, at the DOS prompt, or
anywhere but Xywrite.

Thank you both for your interest.

>Sudden new problem: lower-case key 40 produces double strike when followed by
>another character (e.g. "she's" or "they'd"), but not when followed by a
>space. Tests reveal that lower-case key 1 (`) and upper-case key 7 (^) do
>the same thing, but other keys do not.

Bruce Felknor

Bruce