Re: XY3+Dos Fonts

At 3/5/2003 10:15 AM -0500, Bob Ashley wrote:
My problem migrating to XP seems to be the opposite from what others have run into. I've run XyWrite with previous OSs in a DOS box. In an XP window, XyWrite loads extraordinarily slow and I experience the delay between the keyboard and the screen that has been described in the newsgroup. In full screen though, XyW runs fine, except that the fonts are horrible. My question is: How do I load different fonts for Xy to use? I'd rather continue using XyW in a window, but if I can get the full-screen font problem solved I'll settle for that.
All of this has been covered at length in many posts, which you can read using the XySearch engine http://xywrite.org. The full screen fonts can be improved only slightly using Ultravision, an old DOS utility, not readily available. A handful of users here are looking for a way to improve the VDM (DosBox) in XP. If a solution presents itself, we will report it ASAP. Michael Norman