Shareware Survey

Nice to receive your follow-up...especially as at the moment I'm
calling during a break in an on-deadline rush for the incentives
manuscript....Background for the piece has centered around two
categories of sources. First, I've solicited input from a number of
shareware users, primarily through BBS msgs such as the one here.
Secondly, I sent a somewhat-detailed, structured questionnaire to a
variety of shareware authors/publishers. Your msg touches one of the
major points of the article: While both categories of respondents were
encouraged to comment on both registration incentives and
DISincentives, virtually every author response focused on factors which
tended to promote registration while virtually every end-user response
focused on negatives. Your follow-up msg stands rather singularly alone
among the otherwise negative comments by users.