XyWrite installation and CD-ROM drives

A long time ago, there was some talk here about how the presence of a
CD-ROM drive might disrupt installation of XyWrite 4 [DOS]. (Or so I
think. I can hardly remember this, and it certainly sounds incredible--but
then as we know Xy is an incredible program.)

Might CD-ROM drives also mess up the installation of XyWin? I've installed
the latter several times, on a succession of increasingly gargantuan hard
disks within my floortop machine. Some time back, it would be a rather
hairy experience: installation tended to crap out halfway through, but the
second attempt would work smoothly. A month or so ago I attempted to put
XyWin on a new 4.3GB [this is absurd!] disk in my floortop, which by that
time had acquired *two* CD-ROM drives: Win95J crashed spectacularly (only
the reset button would restore it). I temporarily gave up. I've just
installed it on my Win95J laptop (no CD-ROM drives) and there was no
trouble at all. (Though remapping the keyboard will be another story.)
Coincidence? Or should I pull out the CD-ROM drives from my floortop in
order to install Win95J?

Uh-oh, I've admitted that I have one copy of XyWin installed on more than
one machine. Of course, I (deliberately?) lost the licensing agreement
years ago. I hope it's OK to have the one XyWin installed on more than one
machine, as long as no more than one is used at a time; if it isn't OK, I'm
ready to be handcuffed and taken away to jail in Baltimore.
Peter Evans