Re: OFF-TOPIC: Cartridge hard drives [was Re: Backup]

I consider Syquest and Orb drives the best thing that happened to PCs before the light, affordable laptop.
All I can say Annie, is that a special Providence watches over your HD
cartridges. And how wise was that Providence to choose so vocal a recipient
for its favors. Yes, Yes, Yes: I know all the obvious reasons for cartridge
failure: dirt, dropping, CRTs; please! I was getting these things free as
review units from the manufacturers, who had a very great interest in
making sure that what I had worked. But what I had never worked.