xysearch

Robert,

               First of all I must thank you for the capitalization program. Your explanation has given me a greater understanding of programming in XY4 and how we can use existing programs in U2. JM 2.(I imagine means jump to menu in the U2 file).

      Perhaps my query regarding Xysearch will be clearer if I put it this way. First of all when you search for say Carl, the first part of the search will say yield the first 100 items, and if you want to continue for the next number of items, there is a little square with 2 in it. When you click on this, you will be able to reference the next numbered items. From 2 you will proceed to squares which have the numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. That is you wish to see everything that Carl has written and in many instances replies.
     All this has to be done manually because the information is drawn from an online website and it will be too tedious to save every reference into a file designated to Carl.
 Now that I think of my initial query again, the solution may be to save Xysearch fully expanded on CD disks if it is too large to fit on a file that XyWrite can call on the screen from which a special program can call up all instances of Carl and the replies into a separate file.
 I hope my explanation clarifies what I previously wrote. But I do not understand when you say there are no squares with numbers in them. Funny, I have always been told that my writing is clear to the point without spills and frills.
        With regards,

       Morris