Re: Xy3 - reference manuals

Y'all,

I see that a number of people on the list have newer and more capable
OCR routines than I. The project of converting the entire Reference
Guide is beyond my patience with my available resources. What I can
propose is to scan a chapter at a time, save each chapter as a raw
(unsearchable) pdf file, and make them available to those who wish to
take project further (or, of course, as is, for those who are satisfied
with raw, unalterable and unsearchable images). Those who have newer
versions of Acrobat &/or ReadIris could then run OCR routines over the
raw-scan pdf files to convert them to editable/searchable/linkable pdf
format. Perhaps Carl or Robert would provide us with FTP server access
for uploading and downloading such files.

I could provide a test file (on or off list) within a few hours, if
anyone would like to test an OCR routine.