Re: Xy3 - reference manuals

In Adobe Acrobat 7, including the OCR'd text file is simply a matter of
checking one box once for each entire job (the current version is 9).

The idea of making multiple scans of a book and comparing them is not
practical. Making a single scan of a bound 300-page book takes a *long*
time, even with my fast Epson scanner. Doing it more than once is
distinctly unappealing. And ReadIris, at least, is accurate enough that
all the scans are likely to contain the same errors. The software has a
learning mode that to some extent can overcome the problem of
idiosyncratic type faces, but I still have to proofread every scan.

Cheers,

Nathan
--
Nathan Sivin