Re: SWEEP WORKS! searching subdirectories

Reply to note from Judith Davidsen  Wed, 24
Jul 2002 00:27:02 -0400

Judith:

> I got v112 installed (I will need a guarantee of immunity
> before I admit what my mistake was),...

It ended well; enough said.

> and add2u2 works swell.

That's good news. I'm hoping it will make life easier for all
U2ers. But people have got to follow your example, take the plunge,
and install v112! Just do it -- swoosh!

> When I command sse, I still get "There is not enough memory to
> perform this function," even though it's a fresh editing
> session ...

What SSE command are you giving, exactly? Can you quote it here?
And if you issue the equivalent command using SWEEP directly, does
the error still occur?

> Just used sse to do a search of subdirectories and after I
> found what I was looking for, I had to hit Stop 31 more times
> to exit the 31 remaining files that also contained the term, so
> any help would be greatly appreciated.

31, eh? You counted? My suggestion is, next time, don't count.
Just lean on the "S" for two or three seconds and you'll be done
before you can say "estimable, disciplined behavior". (Deleting
unwanted esses in the current window is a small price to pay for
thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss convenience.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx