Re: SWEEP WORKS! searching subdirectories

> > When I command sse, I still get "There is not enough memory to
> > perform this function," even though it's a fresh editing
> > session ...
>
> What SSE command are you giving, exactly? Can you quote it here?

Okay, I'm in a directory called NYT. On the command line
I type sse /wolf/. The first response is the no
memory note, and then within a few seconds the program kicks
in and does its thing.

> And if you issue the equivalent command using SWEEP directly, does
> the error still occur?

If you mean typing sweep /wolf/, there is no error message.
In fact, the command just disapppears and nothing at all
happens until I try to type something else on the command
line, at which point I am instructed to type C. C lands me
on the names of the *files* in all the subdirectories where
wolf appears (I assume), but does not open those files. It
also controls the command line until it is finished.

If you have a different command in mind, lemme know and I'll
give it a whirl.

> > Just used sse to do a search of subdirectories and after I
> > found what I was looking for, I had to hit Stop 31 more times
> > to exit the 31 remaining files that also contained the term, so
> > any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> 31, eh? You counted?

Well, yeah. I had to do something to keep myself
entertained. But seriously, the parent directory is 5 years
old and there's a Bob Wolfe who's been in there from Day 1,
and Wolf kitchen appliances comes and goes.

> Just lean on the "S" for two or three seconds and you'll be done
> before you can say "estimable, disciplined behavior".

Actually, "estimable, dis" is enough, at least for Wolf. At
this point, we could turn sse /term/ into a
how-many-beans-in-the-jar game.

> (Deleting unwanted esses in the current window is a small price to pay for
> thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss convenience.)

Anything is a small price to keep me out of the search
procedure in Windows Explorer.

Robert's func BK suggestion is interesting. I could swear I
ran across something in some other connection in U2 that
recommended putting func BK on the ctrl+break key, but I
can't find it again. Anyway, is that the best place for it?

And is v113 really going to tackle the s issssssssue?

Thanks again and again

Judith