Re: F5--and everything went black...

At 12:52 AM 6/25/2007, Si Wright wrote:

Neither F5 nor fn-F5 has any effect on the desktop, much to my relief. There's no way I would accidentally be hitting fn-F5--I still have to look to find the fn key on this new keyboard--and the fn key is not stuck.
That's progress. Take a quick look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301583. F5 in XP updates the active window. You can see the effect from within IE6/7. So, question is, why does XY on your machine, appear to periodically give up control of the hardware (F5 Key) to XP's native update function? Michael Norman
Michael, I'm going to stay away from Tame for the moment because I want to reduce the number of variables. The blackout happens on the second or third F5 after I open Xy4. Then there's no effect for a while, but I haven't tried a long writing session--that happens Monday night, so we'll see . Jon Pareles