Re: F5--and everything went black...

Sorry to be out of sync--I get the XY list as a nightly digest.

It makes sense to me that F5 would be a screen refresh, since
that's exactly what occurs. It's the refresh that pauses.

63=NI BC still causes blackouts.
63=XH,BC,$S causes blackouts and wants a macro.

Same behavior from a shortcut to Editor.exe and clicking on
Editor.exe itself.

Neither F5 nor fn-F5 has any effect on the desktop, much to
my relief.  There's no way I would accidentally be hitting
fn-F5--I still have to look to find the fn key on this new
keyboard--and the fn key is not stuck.

Michael, I'm going to stay away from Tame for the moment
because I want to reduce the number of variables.

The blackout happens on the second or third F5 after I
open Xy4. Then there's no effect for a while, but I haven't
tried a long writing session--that happens Monday night, so
we'll see .

Jon Pareles