Re: Xywin vs. Nota Bene

I use both XYWIN and NB. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. The
primary disadvantages for XW is the lask of support from TTG, its problems in
the use of the clipboard and the fact that, as a DOS app, the CPU is busy all
the time (whether there is activity on the process or not). The primary
disadvantage to NB is its lack of documentation and the slowness of response
from the support people (but at least they support), the fact that it uses a
different character set (than XW)and a few other minor gliches. Since you have
Ibid and orbis, you will probably have better luck with NB.
 BTW, I run both on my laptop (Dell) under win98 with no apparent problem. My
major use for both is the creation and maintenance of document files on my web
site plus correspondence. I have an extensive library of XPL programs and so
far they seem to run properly under both. I use the XW.KBD keyboard with
modifications wit both with complete success - with the XW.KBD, I have not had
to learn a new set of function key defiitions -F5 is still F5.
 I hope this helps
Dick Giering