XYDOS AND XYWIN

NS-> Nathan Sivin:

NS-> The readings I gave the other day were of them. One of the major
 -> changes in W95 is to get rid of these limits (another respect in which
 -> it is a clone of OS/2).

You've reminded me that one of the promises of the swing from
Win 3.0 to 3.1 was that programs would work so much better than
one would never encounter error such & such.

And it was true. Error such & such was eliminated. Microsoft gave
us the GPF instead.

With the years that Win 3.1 has been around and the number of
problems with the number of programs vs. drivers, what hope
Win95?

The problem is that our OSs are being driven by marketing systems
rather than programmers.

By the way, have you noticed the interesting file u.doc from the
TTG BBS? If you haven't, it's only 2K to run as a message.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx