Re: XX-ratings

OKAnnie:

Our standard for binary file transmission is binary form, for
those who want to download via FTP. What could be simpler than native form?
Are you really unable to do FTP? For those who can't, the
simplest alternative I know of is XXBUG, since it doesn't require
special decoding software. The fallback position is to consider
_ad hominem_ any rational alternative the stranded subscriber
suggests. You are the only person so far who finds FTP, MIME
(UU, and thus not highly reliable), and XXBUG all unusable, or at
least the only one who has said so. If you tell me what files
you want, and the disk size, I can mail them to you. How's that?
 If you have a more direct solution, I would be glad to know
about it.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania