RE: Data copying to CD etc. (off topic but a burning issue)

>I am inclined to think that many coasters is the due to two things;
>primarily bad media, secondarily, not dedicating your computer to CD
>burning when you are using it for burning. Seriously: no other apps should
>be open if you want a reliable burn. There isn't any around this simple truth.

Crumby media was my first thought when the number of failures began to seem (to this CD-burning
novice) rather high. So I switched
from generic (I admit it...I AM cheap) to name-brand discs. No change in failed burns.

Also, I don't tend to multi-task (here at home anyway). When I burn a CD, that's usually all I'm
doing. (And even though I never
purposely refrained from doing other things while burning, I'll make sure I don't from here on.)

>From about halfway through my period of use of Ahead's Easy CD to my use now of DeepBurner, pretty much the only thing that's
changed is the software.

My experience says software made the difference.

-Brian H.