Re: double spacing

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, nikki meredith wrote:

> I didn't get any responses to my question about whether it's possible to
> double space lines on the Xywrite screen while running Xywrite 4. Should I
> assume that it is not possible except in graphic display? (In Xywrite 3
> "Ls 2" enables one to use double spacing while writing as well as printing.
> It's hard for me to believe that a program used by writers and editors no
> longer has that feature.

Since Nota Bene has a programmed key combination to toggle between "true
line-spacing" and single-spaced display, I checked the keyboard file for
the command. There is in fact a XyW function LS that toggles the display
(see Tyson p.74); I don't know if this was disabled in Xy4, but somehow
I would doubt it. You should be able to attach this to some convenient
key combination in your keyboard file (Shift-F5 in NB), i.e. 63=ls in
the Shift table.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."