Re: double spacing

At 03:48 AM 9/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I didn't get any responses to my question about whether it's possible to
>double space lines on the Xywrite screen while running Xywrite 4. Should I
>assume that it is not possible except in graphic display? (In Xywrite 3
>"Ls 2" enables one to use double spacing while writing as well as printing.
>It's hard for me to believe that a program used by writers and editors no
>longer has that feature.

How about the following kludgey work-around?
In your .kbd file, change shift-enter (or other key of your choice) to two
carriage-return-line-feed pairs. Then hit that key at the end of each line
(giving up word-wrap). The exact .kbd sequence is:
28=no,{musical note},{musical note}

Another weird way: write the file in single-spacing, then when you want
double-spaced view w/o graphics mode, do a tys and work in the review.tmp
file. To do this successfully, you will need, at the beginning of the file,
 and you will need to set the wrap-to-fit option to off,
either in your settings.dfl file or by the command d wf=0.

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx