Re: Slow repeat rate

Jon,

In \Tame 51.\Settings\Xywrite.app.tam put the following -- exactly --
at the bottom of the file

;;Lines added for delete repeat:
/KeyGroupDef GroupName = Custom1
   RepeatChannel=BIOS RepeatRate=25
   IncludeScan=#53   ;** DEl   ...

Clip and paste including the spaces and eclipses. Let us know.

Michael Norman

At 06:01 PM 12/26/2008, you wrote:
Another computer, another installation.
I'm using Tame 5.1 (prebeta 9 I think) with excellent settings from Michael Norman slightly tweaked for font and text size. Changing those doesn't affect the problem.
All is copasetic except the keyboard repeat rate, which in practice
mostly affects using left and right arrow keys to move the cursor
through a line of text. It's very slow--slower than repeatedly
hitting the key--and stuttery. Up and down arrows whiz around the
document as usual.
The KS line in settings.dfl had been commented out (through
countless reinstallations). I un-commented it and left it at df
ks=0,0 but it made no difference.

There's no problem with repeat rate in Windows apps.

The computer is a Fujitsu P8010, Win XP with SP3.

Any thoughts, between holiday libations?

Jon Pareles