Re: Something special about Ctrl+Shift+C?

Reply to note from rrr@xxxxxxxx (Rene von Rentzell) Thu, 6 Nov 97
03:34:18 +0000

-> What happened was that I accidentally pressed Ctrl+Shift+C. XY4
-> promptly exited XY4, and then crashed the computer when i tried
-> to reload.

When you say "exited Xy4", was it an orderly exit, as though you'd
executed a QUIT command or func EX, or did Xy just crash and burn?
If the exit was orderly, it would be strange indeed, given that
Ctrl-Shift-C was unmapped in your keyboard file.

I suspect, however, that Xy (or possibly another program) just
happened to misbehave at the time of your accidental keypress, so
that the system had become unstable when you tried to reload Xy.
In other words, your hitting Ctrl-Shift-C and the system crashing
may well have been unrelated. What happens when when you hit
Ctrl-Shift-C in a new editing session after a fresh reboot?

-> The file I was working with was, naturally, gone. I lost about
-> 1 hour of work, ...

Had you not SAved your work for a whole hour?! Ay-ay-ay! OTOH,
if you had SAved and the file was obliterated, then that would be
quite a "feature". Has your hard disk been acting up?

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/