Re: Something special about Ctrl+Shift+C?

>When you say "exited Xy4", was it an orderly exit, as though you'd
>executed a QUIT command or func EX, or did Xy just crash and burn?

No, it was not. In the middle of the XY screen, I got this message:
"Exit batch command (Y/N)?",
and at that point XY was already dead, even though the screen was
still there.

>I suspect, however, that Xy (or possibly another program) just
>happened to misbehave at the time of your accidental keypress, so
>that the system had become unstable when you tried to reload Xy.
>In other words, your hitting Ctrl-Shift-C and the system crashing
>may well have been unrelated. What happens when when you hit
>Ctrl-Shift-C in a new editing session after a fresh reboot?

I've tried it 3 times now, and it is the same each time. I am running
XY4 alone on a straight DOS computer, without TSRs and with a
minimalistic config.sys file. What is going on?

>Had you not SAved your work for a whole hour?! Ay-ay-ay! OTOH,

In contraptions like "Word" or on the Mac, I save compulsively. But
with XY I guess I have become spoiled. XY3 has always been stable
as a rock for me. No surprises, no crashes. XY4, however, seems a
different matter.

>if you had SAved and the file was obliterated, then that would be
>quite a "feature". Has your hard disk been acting up?

Nope. No problems whatsoever.

-- Rene
-- Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/