Re: screen jumps

On Mon, 14 Aug 1995, Jonathon Marshall wrote:
> On long files, XyWrite for Windows 4.12 often appears to jump
> unpredictably to a different part of the text and to delete a portion of
> text, causing user panic but no actual file loss. Shifting over to draft
> mode usually sets things straight, but this bug is irritating. Has anyone
> else noticed it and is a bug fix on the way?

I have the same problem but, oddly, didn't have it when I was using an
earlier version of 4.12 (4.12h, as I recall). I also have the problem
mentioned by Dan Kanagy of apparently defined text in fact only being
partly defined, so that when I do cut and paste or copy operations, only
part is transferred. It happens about half the time. Interesting that the
problem is in both the DOS and Windows versions.

While we're on bugs, does anyone else have a problem with XyWin dropping
words or even whole lines from footnotes?

Jimmy C Diecker
Latin American Institute
University of New Mexico-Albuquerque 87131-1016
diecker@xxxxxxxx 505 277-2961 fax 505 277-5989