Re: xywrite and xml

Russ U. was:

"wondering if anyone had used xywrite to to either create xml, or
if they had any routines that would take xywrite to an xml format?"

Yep.

Here is an XPL file that's really just a series of search and replaces
that replaces XyWrite tags with XML tags. Actually I wrote it for SGML but
that shouldn't matter. Some of the search and replaces are unique to
Columbia University Press's style codes, and you'll probably want to
delete them, but most replace standard-issue XyWrite with standard-issue
XML/SGML.

You should be able to easily add anything I haven't put in. This routine
was assembled through time and chance. It was written for and with XyWrite
4.0x for DOS. I can't guarantee that it works under any of the other
iterations of XyWrite and/or Nota Bene.

To use it, open a file in expanded mode and run the program from the
command line.

Carl, if you think of any way(s) to make this more efficient (and you
will), I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers all!

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)