PDF a XY file

Hello

Does anyone know of a method to generate PDF documents from XY Write III files?
My issue is in this modern day and age, our printer does not like scanning our
camera-ready copy that we send him (it could be in the order of 300-odd pages)
These are sent to the printer on A4 (almost 'letter') sized paper, but the
final output is an odd size (close to 1/2 'letter)
These pages are scanned individually and the resultant image is then 'cropped'
to the correct page size.
As you can appreciate this is a time-consuming and costly exercise.
Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

Marc