XyIII+ and Windows XP?

Dear Xywrite experts: this may have been covered before, but can Xywrite III+
function decently in a Windows XP environment, especially if you rig it to
appear full screen, as my tech guy did it for Windows 98? Or, as I've also
read, Windows XP and/or Windows 2000 don't accomodate most DOS programs
anymore, and they don't have that MS-DOS program/section that we had with
Windows '98. And if Xywrite III+ it doesn't function properly in Windows XP,
am I basically stuck with my Windows 98 operating system forever and can't
trade up to a more powerful computer if I want to continue to run Xywrite
III+? Also, my tech guy -- who doesn't know much about Xywrite -- suggested
I also ask if there is a way to "batch convert all of your Xywrite files at
once" if we switch to a Windows XP operating system. I don't know quite what
that means, but I'd appreciate any insights on the topic.
   Also, if I can't use Xywrite DOS programs in Windows XP easily or
smoothly, is there another Windows-compatible version of Xywrite that runs as
well as the old DOS programs,and where would I get it? Thanks, Art