Re: XyIII+ and Windows XP?

Reply to note from ArtL7@xxxxxxxx Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:46:42 EST

Art:

> Dear Xywrite experts: this may have been covered before, but
> can Xywrite III+ function decently in a Windows XP environment,

Indeed it has been covered, and we now have an easy-to-use search
engine (http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi) that makes the
collective wisdom readily accessible. Using the query

winxp or "win* xp"

I came across a post by Jay Harlow from last September in which he
writes, "I recently switched to a new machine running WinXP Home.
Xy3+ works fine". There are 76 other results, of varying relevance,
which you may also wish to browse.

> Also, my tech guy -- who doesn't know much about Xywrite --
> suggested I also ask if there is a way to "batch convert all of
> your Xywrite files at once" if we switch to a Windows XP
> operating system. I don't know quite what that means,

Your tech guy is probably assuming that you'll be using MS-Word once
you "upgrade" to XP, and will therefore want to convert your Xy
files to Word format. Ask him if that's what he meant; if he says
yes, fire him -- unless that's what you intend to do (in which case
the answer to his question is yes).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx